Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
The information we collect from you is used to improve services, performance, enhance your shopping experience, and communicate with you..
We strive to make it easy for you to update your account, remove addresses and credit cards, and unsubscribe from communications at any point.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through use of our Services, and from outside sources.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s likely not a surprise we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a firearmsshop.org account to provide a valid email address–and that’s it. You may provide us with more information–like your name, address, social media profiles–but we don’t require that information to create your account.
Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, contact information and, potentially, your preferred local FFL dealer.
Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our team via email, phone, or live chat, post a question to us via social media, leave a review, or post a question and/or answer on a product page.
Information We Collect Automatically
Log Information: Like most websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you visit or make a purchase on our website.
Usage Information: We collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, orders, referrals, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your firearmsshop account through another service (like Google or Facebook) or if you connect your website or account to a social media service (like Instagram) through our loyalty program, we will receive information from that service (such as your username and basic profile information) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our customers, which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to process your order and ship items to you, to award you points for loyalty or referral actions;
- To further develop our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our customers will enjoy or will help them to find products they want more efficiently or make purchasing those items quicker and easier;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of firearmsshop and others
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by firearmsshop, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on new products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide product recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.